Tote bags are perfect for carrying your essentials for a day out in the beach or pool. They can also offer perfect storage solution to your little one's toys, books and other items during travel. My tutorial will help you sew a simple and light tote which is roomy without being bulky.This bag is made only of rectangular pieces and hence sewing this bag would be an easy task for any beginner seamstress. So come on, your search for the perfect day bag ends with this classic tote. Sew these totes in different colors and prints and add trendy and versatile inclusions to your bag collection.
*Note- The Flower is not included in this tutorial.
1) Heavy weight cotton fabric of any desired print and color for the first panel- ¼ yard
2) Heavy weight cotton fabric in a coordinating color and print for the second panel- ¼ yard.
3) Heavy weight cotton fabric in another coordinating print and color for the lower panel-1/4- yard.
4) Cotton fabric for lining- ½-yard.
5) Medium to heavy weight single sided fusible interfacing- ½-yard.
6) Sew-on snap button- one pair.
7) Sewing Notions.
Click here for the free pattern
If you love it, please share it using one of the social media buttons below. Thank you!