Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tote Bag Tutorial, DIY Tote Bag Pattern, Free Pattern













Tote bags are perfect for carrying your essentials for a day out in the beach or pool. They can also offer perfect storage solution to your little one's toys, books and other items during travel. My tutorial will help you sew a simple and light tote which is roomy without being bulky.This bag is made only of rectangular pieces and hence sewing this bag would be an easy task for any beginner seamstress. So come on, your search for the perfect day bag ends with this classic tote. Sew these totes in different colors and prints and add  trendy and versatile inclusions to your bag collection.

*Note- The Flower is not included in this tutorial.

Materials Required


1)       Heavy weight cotton fabric of any desired print and color for the first panel- ¼ yard
2)       Heavy weight cotton fabric  in a  coordinating color and print for the second panel- ¼ yard.
3)       Heavy weight cotton fabric in another coordinating print and color for the lower panel-1/4- yard.
4)       Cotton fabric for lining- ½-yard.
5)       Medium to heavy weight single sided fusible interfacing- ½-yard.
6)       Sew-on snap button- one pair.
7)       Sewing Notions.


                                      Click here for the free pattern

If you love it, please share it using one of the social media buttons below. Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. These are very cute! I love the flowers!
    Gina @ Gina's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a great pattern. I'll look forward to making this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bags! I really like the black and white bag. I pinned this, so I can make one later! Thanks for sharing!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks so much :) /Vera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag and pattern! I love how you can make it so personal! Thanks for the free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful pattern! I love your art! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I may have to actually break out the sewing machine for this one:) I am pinning it for later.

    Nicole
    HoldtheOffice.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue bag looks so dreamy! Thanks for sharing at CAL link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for the pattern! Just made my first one for one of my daughters and love it! Making two more for my other daughters, and maybe one for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the pattern! I just made one bag for my youngest daughter, and going to make 2 more for my other daughters...and maybe one for myself..super cute!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete